Topic: New Tetra

http://www.hispasonic.com/files/u67479/dave_smith_tetra.png

Tetra is our next-generation analog poly synth. Tetra takes the award-winning sound and features of Mopho, multiplies them by four, and packs them in a box less than half an inch larger!

Tetra has multiple personalities. It is a four-voice, analog poly synth, a sort of

2 (edited by Dez 2009-08-06 17:11:43)

Re: New Tetra

do want

edit: oooh, poly chain. Do want 2 or 3 smile

You can get a Prophet 08 rack on Ebay now for $1000 USD. Why would I go get the Tetra at that price? That's what I'm asking myself.

Maybe in a few years if the used prices are around $400-$500 USD.

They're appetizing. That's for sure.

The Tetra's have got sub oscs. Plus for travelling/gigs its pretty useful. I'm definitely going to get one as I'm traveling all the time for work. The tetra, a lap top and nano keys = ridiculously small mobile analogue studio. smile

That's true. Subs make a big difference. And I already have a Prophet T8. But yeah, $800 USD is too much for what it does compared to what I have already. Will see how the used market is looking in a while.

With 4 voices and an output for each voice it could be a cool little analog drum box as well as a synth. 

If this is 4 MoPhos, does that mean that *each* voice has 4 sequencers?

Yep

Yowza.

well at least they have addressed the cosmetic disaster. but still 'that' button?